Your source for the best in Anaheim Ducks News, Stories, Events, Pictures and Video.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Anaheim Ducks News for Sunday

To see last nights game coverage, go here.  Only one news item today.  I also would like to congratulate Bryzgalov's first victory with the Yotes and to make it sweater, it was a shutout win.

LA Times coverage of Hiller and Bryz

A three-week stay in Portland, Maine, wasn't what Jonas Hiller hoped for when he signed with the Ducks in May, but the reason he left his native Switzerland has come to fruition now that the club waived goalie Ilya Bryzgalov.
Hiller is officially the No. 2 goalie who'll spell Jean-Sebastien Giguere. Now it's up to him to confirm the club's belief that he will be a capable backup on the NHL level.

"That's what I was looking for when I came over," Hiller said. "I wanted the No. 2 job. But it's not like it's a job I have for sure. I have to show up every day and prove myself, get better. That's what I'm going to do and I'm going to work on that every day."
Hiller, 25, made the team out of training camp and won his first NHL start Sept. 30 in the Ducks' 4-1 win over the Kings in London while Giguere recovered from off-season sports hernia surgery. He remained with the team until Oct. 23, when he was assigned to Portland.

Read the rest here - Link